We are looking for a dynamic, enterprising and motivated experienced shipping trader to be included in our Global Shipping Unit.
You will become part of an international team that operates between Rome and Madrid on the global shipping market and you will have the opportunity to know and interact with the main global players and at the same time with the different internal business units involved in the supply process for Enel Group’s power plants.
Global Shipping Unit is responsible for:
- development of strategies to procure shipping services for dry bulk and liquid commodities to the Group (volume: about 20mnt/year)
- direct negotiation and closing of commercial agreements
- optimization of the portfolio also through trading operations, with full involvement in decision-making processes.
Come and experience yourself in an open and dynamic context, where you will find continuous challenges to increase your professional profile.
The successful candidate will be responsible for arranging and managing dry bulk/tanker chartering services for ENEL Group.
Applicants should have a strong commercial sense and in his role will, among others:
• Monitor and analyze market trends, support the shipping strategy definition
• Manage the closing of charter agreements until their signing and subsequently, ensure their proper execution
• Develop and manage the commercial relationship with shipowners, agents, broker and the internal clients
• Manage claim related to the fulfillment of the contract or the operation of the vessel
• Collaborate with other Fuel Units to ensure execution of contracts and contribute to planning/scheduling of deliveries
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Economics, technical-scientific disciplines
• Knowledge of the Maritime Business, especially negotiation and execution of charters
• Good chartering knowledge, with a minimum of 3/5 years’ experience with voyage and time charter negotiations and/or operations
• Familiarity with shipping market analysis
• Good knowledge of shipping documentation, charter party terms and freight rate negotiation
• Experience as a broker, owner or charterer in dry bulk shipping is a plus
• Able to take responsibility and make timely commercial decisions
• Strong communication skills, with the ability to work both in a team and on their own
• Excellent numeracy skills
• Flexible and self-motivated
• Advanced written and spoken English