Asociación sectorial precisa incorporar una persona que les represente en las islas Seychelles, al tiempo que colabora en el departamento de Blue Economy de ese Gobierno.
Deberá realizar un estudio socio-económico del impacto general de la flota atunera de todos los operadores basados en la zona.
El candidato/a deberá residir al menos un año en las islas y dominar el idioma inglés.
Acquiring better knowledge of the Industrial Tuna Fisheries Industry. Identify Strengths, Opportunities, Constraints and Threats so as to improve the industry’s sustainability and economic impact on the Seychelles.
The incumbent will assist the Blue Economy Department, in the compilation and analysis of socio-economic data, preparation of the Fishery Value Chain Report.
He/she will also assist the Blue Economy Department and the association in the dissemination of results from this work or any other PR work on activities conducted by the association in the Seychelles.
The following duties are required:
• Review of the existing socio-economic studies and information
• Scoping and identification of value chains of domestic and foreign licensed tuna fisheries in Seychelles
• In-depth analysis of the identified value-chains
• Data analysis and report writing
• Dissemination of results and PR work in Seychelles
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• Degree in [Fisheries] Economics or related field
• Minimum 3 years of experience in value-chain, socio-economic, or similar studies, preferably in the fisheries field
• Excellent communication skills in English.
• Knowledge of the tuna fisheries and processing sectors
• Experience in PR
• Knowledge of French
Following the signature of the contract, the incumbent will be available for mobilization within 15 working days. The exact date shall be agreed with the association.
The assignment will be for 1 year with a view to extending the assignment based on needs and incumbent performance.
• Produce and submit monthly activity reports to the association, within ten days following the end of each month; reports will include summary of activities, including any PR activities undertaken, information collected and progress concerning the value-chain study
• The incumbent will present an outline of the value-chain study no later than a month from the time of inception of the consultancy
• The incumbent will present a first draft of the fisheries value-chain study no later than eight months from the time of inception of the consultancy
• The incumbent will present a final draft of the fisheries value-chain study no later than ten months from the time of inception of the consultancy
• The incumbent will carry out and report any other work or PR activity requested by the association and agreed by the Blue Economy Department.