• Adopt the DPDHL culture of professionalism, integrity, effectiveness and dynamic attitude contributing to an internal environment of collaborative teamwork and promote a positive IRM claims service provision to internal customers.
• Serve as a key active member of IRM’s mainland claims handling team, interacting and working with team members to ensure business objectives are aligned and IRM claims management is performing to operational objectives.
• Proactively pursue economic, early resolution for all customer claims, adopting a collaborative approach to addressing a wide variety of claims administration requirements, providing workable solutions to senior management.
• Ensure claims are handled swiftly and efficiently by reviewing and deciding on the extent and validity of a claim, checking for any potential fraudulent activity.
• Manage high volume of parcel claims.
• Provide advice on making a claim and the process to customer services, including collection accurate information and documentation to proceed with a claim.
• Provide customer claims reporting and data analysis on claims activities and resolutions.
• Collaboratively work with a network of approved in-house professionals and monitoring the progress of a claim.
• Identify reasons why full payment may not be made, and ensure fair settlement of a valid claim.
• Build relationships with loss adjusters, legal, as well as other legal/claims professionals.
• Ensure customer claims are treated fairly and receive excellent service in accordance with industry and company guidelines.
• Handling complaints in a professional manner associated with a claim.
• Adhere to legal requirements, industry regulations and customer quality standards set by GBS IRM.
• Navigate, network and establish cross boarder relationships to leverage best practices and execute program-wide claims strategies through internal claims management communities.
• Build co-operative relationships between GBS IRM team and stakeholders within the claims process.
• Manage claims information exchange between business units and GBS IRM, including suppliers and other key process stakeholders.
• Coordinate with GBS IRM central team for significant claims on content of coverage, precedent setting and commercially sensitive issues.
• Manage service quality & KPI monitoring in association with external parties (Insurers & third party claims administrators etc. within agreed authority and in conjunction with IRM London).
• 2 -5 years’ experience of operating an end-to-end claims handling process, dealing with parcel & freight cargo claims.
• Degree in either Insurance, Finance, Legal or other closely related field
• Possess strong knowledge of claims management challenges (small and large) within the supply chain / logistics industry.
. Customer focused with commercial acumen.
• Experience in end-to-end claims handling process improvement
• Data analysis for customers and key stakeholders within the business
• Experience of cross boarder collaboration, ideally within a matrix organization
• Previously gained experience of working within an international environment
• Understands “shared services” methodology and previously operated within a matrix organization, servicing multiple customers
• Fluent in both written and spoken English & Spanish
• Able to reside in Madrid, Spain